Wednesday 9 January 2013

16+4

Well today I got my flu jag, I hope I don't get ill!  I also had my 16 week midwife appointment where embarrassingly no-one told me I had to provide a urine sample and I was dry so couldn't provide one :-(.  we had a brief chat she checked my blood pressure and measured my bump too.

So amniocentesis is on Friday (2 more sleeps) I am looking forward to the scan to see baby again but I am also worried they won't find a heartbeat.  I am also worried about the actual test and the results too and can't believe you have to wait for 3 weeks for the results!  This test will tell us if my baby is free from my translocation, a carrier like myself, or unbalanced which is the worst case scenario and may results in a termination.  It doesn't bear thinking about really.

Good news is I am gradually feeling better as the days go on and I have a bit more energy.  I still have nausea a lot and the sickness normally comes in the evenings.  I have a good appetite now and am eating more and more, DH says I will be very fat soon.  My specialities this week are Pennstate sour cream pretzels and salt and vinegar mini chips the KP crisps, not to mention Malteser Bunnies!!!!

I am not sleeping very well which is a pain considering I am so tired, I can't seem to settle and quote often take myself to the spare room to try to relax in there but it's a cold room brrr.

I made my first baby purchases! Amazing January sales deals on Kiddicare all Avent, steriliser, breast pump and starter set of bottles.  I have also found the pram I want but DH doesnt want to make anymore purchases until after amnio results!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment